Monday, November 17, 2008

Poverty Web Video

For class this week we had to create a video on a social issue of importance to us. My topic was poverty.

For so long I've heard people talk about how awful it is that children in other countries are starving and suffering. The same people who go on and on about poverty in other countries and how they wish they could help, scoff as they pass up a homeless man on the street.

Within the next ten years 40% of the population is estimated as falling below the poverty line in the US, and 58.5% will spend at least one year below the poverty line at some point between ages 25 and 75. These numbers are appalling. By creating this video, I hope to bring more people's attention to the large population in the US of those who are unable to afford food, clothes, and homes.



I used JayCut to produce the video.

1 comment:

bradleyf said...

Shannon, I think that this web vidoe was great! I think that the thought behind it was very creative. Realizing that people always say that they want to help people in other countries and neglect the homeless people in the United Sates is not ok. I think that the video was nicely done and I think that your idea was great. Good job!