Saturday, October 11, 2008

Looking for a job?


I was playing around with my google alerts this morning and came across a job listing in the social media field.

My first though was, neat! While I know there is a growing need for people who understand and focus on social media in the workplace, I guess I just assumed for the most part they targeted marketing/pr/advertising professionals and hoped to find someone who knew about social media as well (as opposed to focusing strictly on social media knowledge).

The job is listed on the SEMPO website, a non-profit organization whose purpose is "to provide a foundation for industry growth through building stronger relationships, fostering awareness, providing education, promoting the industry, generating research, and creating a better understanding of search and its role in marketing." (via there website)

The specific job listing is located in Austin, and is for Vertive, a performance marketing company with a focus on internet marketing.

You can read the job listing for more information, but with the exception of needing 2+ years of full time experience in the field, this job seems pretty tangible for anyone who has completed this course.

Despite the fact that Social Media PR has not been my focus, I'm getting increasingly interested in concentrating on the field and finding this job listing (which appears to be pretty promising, just look at the benefits!) makes me want to consider it more.

If you don't have the qualifications for the job, maybe you know someone who does!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the job Shannon! The crummy part when I searched it, was that it said you needed to be a member of SEMPO to apply. And that costs $200/yr. Do you or someone else know if SEMPO is a good place to find jobs in this field-in other words, is paying in the future worth it?